Significantly enhanced NavBar handling and DHTML menu support
* A new NavBar 'object' which can be dragged around as a single graphic
* Take any button design and quickly turn it into a horizontal or vertical NavBar
* Intelligent automatic button stretching so the button width adjusts as you edit the button text
* Option to have all buttons the same width or each to be as wide as the text label
* Ability to create an automatic NavBar with buttons linked to all pages of your website. The NavBar is updated as you add / remove pages
* Auto-highlighting of 'current page' NavBar buttons
* Support for DHTML sub-menus with various animation and transparency effects
New fly-out tools and buttons
Fly-out tools and buttons present a simpler user interface, but with direct one-click access to a wider range of common functions. Many buttons now have a fly-out menu with related options. These buttons have been carefully designed so that you can still get to the main function with a single click of the button, but also very quickly access any of the additional options without any extra clicks.
Drag 'n' drop Widgets from the Designs Gallery, and a new Widget library
New sections in the Designs Gallery provide a wide range of 'widgets' which can be drag & dropped onto your website. The Widgets provide interactive website add-ons ranging from movie players, to e-commerce features (e.g. a 'Buy' button to sell goods or services from your website) forms, maps and lots more.
HTML snippets can be pasted directly into your document, with an automatic preview/placeholder created
Many website add-ons and widgets provide a snippet of HTML to embed into your page. Web Designer can now accept just pasting this snippet. What's more, it detects this is an HTML snippet and automatically creates a placeholder on the page, with a static preview of the snippet. Now it couldn't be easier to add snippets to your page, and you can position them anywhere on your web page.
An easy way to add links to (and upload) external files such as PDF, Flash and Word files
You can link to external files using a new option in the Link dialog. Selecting a file such as a Word document will attach the file and upload it to your website. Clicking the link on the website will let your visitor download (or open) the file. You can also drag & drop .PDF and .SWF (flash) files onto the page which will also attach the file to the website for upload next time you Publish. In the case of Flash (.swf) files these are embedded into the page and a static preview is automatically created. This can be resized on the page. In the case of PDF files a PDF icon is added to the page, and the PDF file uploaded to your website which if clicked will open the PDF file in the web browser.