This time I wanted to share a little trick for computer we can run top of my voice (less athletes) essentially steady listened.
Here are tips on how to speed up or running our beloved windows. 1. To reduce boot time and improve performance, do not use third-party defrag software, simply use the defragmenter that artificial devices (built-in) Windows, will not be much different. And also, you should use Hard disk with the type of Ultra-133 or Serial ATA (SATA) with 8-MB buffer.
2. If RAM PC is less than 512 MB, it should be added the capacity of memory. It is relatively inexpensive and will help improve your system's performance dramatically.
3. Make sure the file system used by Windows XP is NTFS. How to check: a. Open Windows Explorer (My Computer) b. Right click on drive C: c. Click Properties. If it turns out you are using the FAT32 file system, then to change it is in the following manner: - Backup important data first yes. - Click Start> Run> type CMD - After the Command Prompt window appears, type: Code: CONVERT C: / FS: NTFS Note: The computer should not be interrupted when doing this conversion, and also in a state free of the virus. The file system used by the bootable drive (usually C:) will be either FAT32 or NTFS. I highly recommend NTFS for superior security, durability and greater space efficiency.
4. Disable the File Indexing. File Indexing service extracts information from documents and other files that exist on the hard disk and creates a "searchable keyword index" (index search keywords.) You can imagine the process is very burdensome to the system. How it works as follows: A user looking for a word, phrase, or property inside a document, from the documents by the hundreds or thousands, and he did not know the name of the document sought. Windows XP with the built-in search functionality can still perform various types of searches without involving the Indexing Service. But somewhat more long. Operating systems have to open each file when asked to help find what the user wants. Most people do not need this search feature. Which usually requires is a large corporate environment where thousands of documents placed at least one server. But if the only kind of system builders, which most of his clients are small and medium-sized businesses, and if the client does not need these features, I recommend that mendisfungsikannnya (Disable) the service. How Mendisfungsikannya: a. Open Windows Explorer (My Computer) b. Right click on drive C: c. Choose Properties d. Remove the check mark (checklist) "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file searching." e. Click the Apply button, appears: Apply changes to "C: subfolders and files" f. Click the OK button. If any warning or error message appears (such as "Access is denied"), click Ignore All button.
5. Update VGA and motherboard chipset drivers, including BIOS updates and configuration. Find info, info about the BIOS settings are correct on the Internet.
6. Empty the Windows Prefetch folder every three months or more. Windows XP to record some of the data or applications that are often used for making the process seem load faster when called by the user. This is nice, but for a long time, the prefetch folder may become overloaded references to files and applications are no longer used. If that happens, Windows XP is wasting time and slowing system performance, while doing a load application or file. Nothing is important in that folder, and all its content is safe to delete. Folder is located at: C: ¥ WINDOWS ¥ ¥ Prefetch
7. Once a month run a disk cleanup. How: a. Open Windows Explorer (My Computer) b. Right click on drive C: c. Choose Properties d. Click the Disk Cleanup and delete all temporary files.
8. In Device Manager, double click on IDE ATA / ATAPI Controllers device, and make sure DMA is enabled (enabled) for each drive that is connected to the Primary or Secondary Controller and controller. Do this by: a. Double click on Primary IDE Channel. then click the Advanced Settings tab. b. Make sure the Transfer Mode is set to "DMA if Available" for both Device 0 and Device 1. c. Do the same on the Secondary IDE Channel.
9. Wiring Upgrade. To increase hard drive technology, it takes pengakabelan which would encourage better performance. Be sure to use the cable 80-wire Ultra-133 for all IDE devices and use a socket connector that fits with the Master / Slave / Motherboard. If Device his only one, must be connected at the far end connector of the ribbon cable (data cable), but not on the connectors in the middle of the ribbon cable, if not, there will be a signal problem. In ultra DMA hard drive, this signal problem could prevent hard drive to maximize its potential.
10. Remove all spyware from your computer. Use free programs such as artificial Lavasoft AdAware or SpyBot Search & Destroy. Once the program is installed, be sure to check and download updates if any, before scanning the spyware on the computer. Anything either program finds can be safely removed. All the free programs that ask for spyware to run will no longer work. If the programs were still needed to live free again install it.
11. Dispose of all programs or unnecessary items from the regular (routine) Windows Startup by using the MSCONFIG utility. How: a. Click Start> Run> type MSCONFIG> click OK b. Click the Startup tab> and then remove the checklist (check mark) of program that is not familiar with these items? Visit the WinTasks Process Library. That site includes system processes, applications and also known as spyware references and penjelsannya. Or it could identify the name of the items directly by using google.
12. Discard all unused programs from the Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel.
13. Turn off some or all of the animations that are not needed and turn off (disable) active desktop. In fact, to optimize performance, turn off all animations. Windows Xp offers many different settings in this section. How: a. Click the System icon in Control Panel b. Click the Advanced tab c. Click the Settings button in the Performance box. d. Eliminate checklist (check mark) any options that do not want to run. Or it could be
14. If you can edit the Registry of Windows XP, do to improve the performance of XP. Could use a software tweak or manually edit the registry. On the internet is widely spread.
15. Visit Microsoft's Windows update site regularly and download all updates labeled Critical. Download any optional updates at your discretion. (Remember, if the Windows XP operating system software was pirated, do not try to update, can be given a "stamp" the same signs of pirated Microsoft that it will slow down the system when booting and running).
16. Update anti-virus in a week or even once daily. Make sure only one software is installed. Combining more than one antivirus will only invite disease for performance and computer reliability.
17. Make sure the font is installed less than 500 species are on the computer. The more fonts, more lambatlah system. Although Windows XP is more efficient in handling the fonts of the previous version, but excessive weakening of the font will have an impact on the system.
18. Do not partition the hard disk. (Optional only) NTFS File System Windows XP run more efficiently on one large partition. The data is no safer on a separate partition, and re-format does not need to reinstall the Operating System (OS). One of this partition function so that no restriction by the partition but it will be limited by the size of hard drive capacity itself. So no need to resize partitions meghabiskan time and the risk of data loss.
19. Make a check against the system's RAM to ensure proper operation. I recommend using a free program MemTest86. Once downloaded, can make a bootable CD or diskette (your choice), which will run 10 extensive tests on the PC's memory automatically after malakukan boot with a CD or floppy disk created. Allow all tests to run until at least the past 3 tests of 10 tests completed. If the program encounters an error, turn off and unplug the computer, unplug the RAM memory, replace with others and do the tests again. Remember, bad memory can not be repaired, and can only be replaced.
20. If there is a CD or DVD recorder, look for updated firmware from the manufacturer. In some cases, been shown to accelerate upgrade the recorder to a free. Good luck!